A Nurse Coordinator will assist in the planning and delivery of home care and other supportive services to senior residents in Independent Living Facilities. The Nurse Coordinator will promote independent living and the reduction of unnecessary and expensive medical costs.
Duties of a Nurse Coordinator
- Establish a working relationship with the Manager of the Senior Independent Living Facility to understand the demographics and needs of the residents.
- Collaborate with the Supportive Services Coordinator to meet the needs of the residents with the appropriate services.
- Develop a Panel of Health Care Providers to service the health care needs of residents.
- Be available for the residents at regularly scheduled times to discuss their medical or social service needs.
- Follow up on all residential services and activities undertaken to determine the benefit to the residents.
- Communicate and meet with the Account Executive on a regular basis to plan, coordinate and evaluate the effectiveness of the services provided.