Our Service Coordinators administer all aspects of the Supportive Service Program at the facility to ensure that the residents are linked to the government and community services they need to continue living independently in their homes.
They are hired only upon meeting all requirements and guidelines established by Department of Housing and Urban Development and the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency.
Duties of the Service Coordinator
- Provide general assistance and advocacy related to supportive and social services to all residents; provide up-to-date information and clarification regarding programs such as Medicare, Medicaid and entitlements.
- Facilitate the use of community resources, such as the Area Agency on Aging, regarding information and services available to address resident needs.
- Act as a liaison with local care providers and hospitals to ensure successful discharge from care facilities and the transition of residents back into their apartments.
- Work cooperatively with residents and their families when planning for relocation to a nursing home or other long-term care facility.
- Promote a positive social climate that fosters the residents’ psychosocial well-being by creating and implementing educational, recreational, and therapeutic programs.
- Encourage leaders among the residents to volunteer to manage aspects of the service program and social and recreational functions in the development.
- Educate residents to services available on-site and in the community.
- Create new services or increase the availability of existing services to meet resident needs.
- Empower residents to meet their own needs through education, training, and accessing services for themselves.
- Create and distribute brochures and a newsletter.
- Document and maintain current contact with residents, providers, and families.
- Prepare reports regarding service provision and update service plans in accordance with governing bodies.